Image Map

my current skincare routine

01 May 2014

First, a confession.  I am a total skincare and makeup junkie. I love to try out new products and play with different looks. It's kind of a problem.You don't even want to know how many Sephora VIB points I have stocked up :)

Now that I'm about to become a mom, and I've hit the age of 3-0, I'm trying to simplify while using products that serve double duty to save time while still getting the results I want. 

I would describe my skin as definitely being combination/oily and very prone to breakouts. I have been searching since my mid-teens for products that will tame my breakouts. It's taken a really long time, but I swear by the Acne control line by Paula's Choice. Last summer my skin was really bad, nothing was working and I decided on a whim to try this skin care system, and my skin responded instantly. It's been 10 months (?) and I never get breakouts anymore. About a month and a half ago, I dropped most of the system with the exception of the cleanser. The toner and exfoliator were just a little too harsh now that my skin had cleared up. 

So I walked into Sephora to buy a new foundation (more on that in my next post!) and I walked out with new products for my face. I love that these are natural products, they smell very clean and earthy and feel amazing on my skin. They were pricey (ouch!) but you use such a small amount that they should last me almost a year.

One // Two // Three

One // Two // Three


I know this looks like a lot of products .... but my morning and evening skincare routine is exactly the same and it takes me less than five minutes. 

1. Cleanse 2. Toner 3. Moisturize (I mix 2 drops of the Seaberry oil and a tiny bit of the Lotus face cream) 4. Eye cream (some mornings I skip this step, and use it only at night) 

The Clinique exfoliator is one of my favorite products, but I only use it twice a week. After cleansing my skin in the shower, I exfoliate and loveeeee how clean and tingly my face feels! 

You want to know what else is crazy? While I love, love, love makeup -- I find that I need so much LESS of it now that my skin is in better shape. I have fun playing with different makeup looks if I'm going out, but on a day to day basis, it only takes me five minutes to do my makeup. So, in case you were keeping track -- that's ten minutes total in the morning :) I promise that later this week I will share my favorite and most used makeup products. 

What does your skincare routine look like? How do you simplify your morning routines? 





No comments :

Post a Comment