Image Map

Five on Friday

20 June 2014

It's been a little bit since I've had time to actually sit down and blog, and I love Five on Friday, I figured I would try to squeeze a post in! 

1. Getting back into shape

One thing about being home all day, is while I'm sitting on the couch nursing or rocking a sleeping baby, I watch a lot of TV. The other day I saw an infomercial for the Ten Minute Trainer and before I knew it, 30 minutes had gone by and I was digging my credit card out of my wallet to order!

I've been pretty fortunate that I was able to lose a lot of the baby weight by breastfeeding, but I definitely have a little bit to go still and I want to start working out. I was cleared to work out this week, so the timing of this is perfect. And if I can't find ten minutes in my day to work out ... well, I don't know what to say :) Even Keith is excited about this purchase! I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes! 

2. A good Loft Sale

I can't believe I'm going back to work in two weeks! (More on that below!) And since I haven't quite lost the baby weight (see number one!) I needed a few new things to wear. I'm getting sick of yoga capris and tank tops. Who would have thought I'd ever say that? In any case, Loft is having an awesome sale right now ... 40% off everything!

Stripe Dress, originally $49.50

Stripe Shirt, originally $39.50

Black Shorts, originally $39.50
 I also purchased this dress, these shorts, and this button up top. Oh and this sweater. Shh, please don't tell my husband! You can get 40% off through today with code ONBOARD

3. My job situation

You may remember my post back at the end of April on how sure I was that I would not be returning to my current job. Fast forward two months later, and I AM going back. I was kind of surprised at how much I missed my job, and my co-workers. Keith and I took the time to talk it out and see if it felt right, and then I reached out to my boss. She of course wanted to know when I was coming back, and I told her that there were things that needed to change and things her and I needed to talk about before I made any decisions. Well, after several talks back and forth, I agreed to return to work July 7. I feel confident and happy in my decision, and even though the thought of putting her in daycare kills me, I know this job is the right one for me.

4. Gracie is 6 weeks

Love my chunky nugget!

Always so serious!
I truly cannot believe she is six weeks old already ... I mean, where does the time go?? She is so much more alert now, and is starting to really "see" her surroundings. And she's mesmerized by everything! She finally started giving us real smiles and coo's and talks all the time. I'm loving this age!! 


5. On the market 

Our house is on the market again! We are really hoping that it will sell since the weather is nicer, inventory is low and we are in a phenomenal school district. We aren't sure yet where we are going (LOL) but I'm looking forward to sharing more about this exciting process!!

And on that note ... she's awake and "talking" to me, so I'm off for some baby snuggles!

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments :

Post a Comment