Image Map

Anniversary Planning

02 August 2013

I seriously *cannot* believe that in less than one month, Keith and I will be celebrating our one-year anniversary. Everyone says that it goes by in the blink of an eye, and boy does it ever!

Since our anniversary is on Labor Day weekend, we lucked out with another long weekend this year. Since I can't take off any additional days from work right now, it was the perfect amount of time to do a long weekend away! Our criteria was someplace relatively close, we didn't want to spend more than x amount of dollars, and we both wanted it to be somewhere we had never been.

We ended up choosing:



CHICAGO!!!

I am so super excited about this weekend away, I can't even stand it. We got non-stop, direct flights from Boston...flying time is a little over 2 hours...found a great deal on a hip, boutique hotel and came in under budget. Score!

Since we've haven't been before, I am googling and researching ideas on places to eat and things to do! We'll be there for three full days, which I think is a perfect amount of time :)

Any of my fellow blogger friends been to Chicago before? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

psst....even though this is "technically" our anniversary gift to each other, I had the best idea yesterday and am surprising Keith the weekend before our anniversary. Since he sometimes checks in and reads my blog, I can't post the details yet but I can't wait to see the look on his face!

No comments :

Post a Comment