Image Map

Weekend in Pictures: SoWa Recap

05 August 2013

I had the best weekend, one of the best in a loooong time. We puttered around our house like a little old couple, doing yard work and cleaning out our insanely messy basement. I am long overdue for a house update post, so that will be coming shortly!

No matter what house drama we've been/will continue to go through, I love our yard and outdoor space. It makes me so happy.

And a shout out to my husband, who spent over 3 hours mowing, weeding and cleaning it all up while I was out shopping :) He's such a good hubby!!

Sunday I had a little "sister day" with my younger sister. All summer I've been telling her that I wanted to check out SoWa ... a vintage flea market/craft fair/farmers market/ food truck extravaganza. Seriously, how awesome does that sound? Every Sunday at this old brick building in Southie, it comes alive. I felt so hip :)


FOOD TRUCKS!


This made me smile ... this city will never be the same, forever united. #bostonstrong

I loveee vintage-one-of-a-kind pieces....this place was dangerous!

Gorgeous mid-summer day to be outside :)

All the craft booths!

LOOK at how fresh and amazing these look! I wanted to buy it all.....

....and almost did. How scrumptious do these berries look?

Ahh the food truck parking lot.....yummy yummy

My sister chose this place .... crepe sandwiches. My sister is a lover of all things French, sandwiches included!

My lunch! I was so pleased that the trucks had clearly marked food allergy info, so I knew these were GF! I had grilled chicken, with a tomato/cucumber salad and fresh hummus! oh, and french fries. Do you know how hard GF fries are to find??


These were my best finds of the day!! I have a very special project in mind for these maps one day, but for now I am excited to hang them over our bed......Gunner tried to photo bomb :)


"the world is your oyster"

Checking them out ..... these maps were vintage, original prints from 1939.

And of course, my weekend would not be complete without an evening walk with Gunner. I am so thankful that we live in such a nice, quiet neighborhood. These walks are my way to unwind and relax!

Always has to lead the way!

"Hmmm wait, what's over here mama?"

Isn't he the cutest? Love his little butt.
There you have it .... how was YOUR weekend??

No comments :

Post a Comment