Image Map

Stitch Fix: a Review

10 August 2013



Let me start off by saying that if you have not yet heard of Stitch Fix, pay very close attention to this post. I promise that it will change your life! Okay, maybe that's a litttttle on the dramatic side, but I am super excited to share this with you!

Stitch Fix is a clothing subscription service. You sign up, completely this crazy long and detailed style profile (this part is very important!) and then pay a $20 styling fee per box. Your stylist picks 5 things for you based on your profile and sends them to you in a neat little package. You can request specific items, items for a special occasions, ect. You try the items on at home, and have three days to decide to keep or return something. If you buy something, the $20 styling fee gets taken off the price of your total purchase. If you love everything and want to keep it all, you get 25% off AND the $20.

I filled out my profile, paid the $20 and scheduled my first Fix. I was so excited to get home from work to this little box on my doorstep. It was like Christmas morning!

All wrapped in tissue! Took everything in me to take a photo before tearing into it :)

All five items laid out


Item #1 -- A striped fit & flare dress that I loved the second I took it out of the box


Item #2 -- I am a HUGE fan of maxi dresses, and this one was so comfortable and the perfect length for petite little me


Item #3 -- A lightweight, stripe flowy sweater

Item #4 - A pretty dark purple, jersey top with draping in the front

Item #5 - A linen-blend top that sort-of wrapped in the front.




Ultimately, I loved everything (or the idea of everything) that they sent me. The material of items #3 and #5 weren't my favorite, and the linen-blend one felt a little big. Those were immediate no's. The purple top I reallllly wanted to love enough to keep, but I couldn't get the draping to "fall" right, so I decided to send that one back too. Item #1 was an instant keeper. I wanted to wear it nonstop 24/7, and at only $68, I had to keep it.
 
 
I struggled with the maxi dress for awhile. I LOVED it. It fit amazingly, the fabric was so comfortable and it was very flattering. Ultimately, it went back and I'm still kind of second guessing that decision. But I'm trying to be practical here, and I own two other striped maxi dresses already. Plus it's the middle of August and I'm thinking about fall clothes already, so I really couldn't justify the $85 on it. Had I found this item back in May or June, I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat.
 
 
I logged onto my account online, filled out the reasons why I was sending the four items back, and made more specific requests for my second fix. Which I've already scheduled to arrive on Friday 8/16. That's the beauty of this service, I can order as many fixes as I want, or that my budget allows :)
 
 
 
Loved it so much I wore it to work the next day and got a MILLION compliments on it!

If you're interested in trying out Stitch Fix, please feel free to use my referral code and then let me know what you think!!
 
http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3144094     

 

No comments :

Post a Comment