Image Map

Coffee & Concealer

02 December 2014


I'm still a rookie new mom - barely seven months in! - and there are lots of things about parenting a little person that I don't know, but I will tell you that I know plenty about how to look like I've got it altogether :)

1. Coffee - well, caffeine in general. I gave up soda shortly after she was born, and unless I'm sick and craving tea, coffee it is! My standard order depends on where I am getting coffee from, or if I am making it myself (which I rarely do!).

Starbucks: white chocolate mocha latte OR peppermint mocha latte (made with skim milk) if it's in season. Love those red cups!!

Dunkin Donuts: french vanilla (iced or hot depending on the weather) with cream & sugar. During the fall, I love their pumpkin spice and during winter, peppermint mocha again!

Heav'nly Donuts: this is a local mom'n'pop coffee place in town but they have over 20 brewed (not flavor shots) flavors. My go-to is the chocolate cappuccino, with cream & sugar. Heav'nly is my #1 go-to spot!

I find that I can handle pretty much any meltdown, dirty diaper or my "no-nap ninja" much better if I've got a coffee in hand.

2. Concealer - and LOTS of it. As most new (ok any) mama can attest to, sleep is .... wait, what IS sleep again? I haven't slept through the night in well over a year and with a little one who fights bedtime, I am in serious sleep deprivation mode. Not that you could ever tell, because I use lots of concealer. Fake it til you make it!



Mac Prep'n'Prime Highlighter - get this in radiant rose, it's the best stuff! 



MAC Studio Finish Concealer 



Maybelline Age Rewind Under-Eye Concealer 



It! Cosmetics Eye Lift in a Tube (this one is my favorite, hands down!)

On a daily basis I do wear 2-3 of these concealers, which sounds crazy but you would never know how tired I am by looking at my face :)

So if you have a friend who's a new mom, do her a favor - get her a Starbucks giftcard and a Sephora giftcard. She will love you forever.


No comments :

Post a Comment