Image Map

Breaking in the new house!

06 June 2013

It's been a crazy week (holy crap it's already Thursday!!) and we are busy gearing up for our weekend! This Saturday is our housewarming party!! And in true this-is-our-luck-fashion, the forecast is calling for rain. Thanks Tropical Storm Andrea :(
 
I think our house will be big enough in the event it rains all freaking day, but I'm kind of worried about where people are going to sit. That part might be interesting.

We are super excited to have our friends and family over for the first time and I am loving having a space to entertain. I can't wait to share photos of the event!
 
I have some more decorating and setting up to do, and since 4th of July is just around the corner, I'm thinking about tying the two events together.
 
First up .... sting lights for the deck and patio. I am loving these:

String Lights

Second, I really want a fire pit for the patio. SO freaking badly. Keith thinks he can build one, but guess how long that would take??

Fire Pit

Thirdly, I ordered this really cute beverage cart from Amazon about a week and a half ago. It wasn't Prime eligible, so it still isn't here, but I'm hoping it will get delivered in the next day or two. So that I can set up this cute little beverage station!


 
 
 
I'm keeping the food pretty simple. Standard cookout food - hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken with all the different side salads. But I did see a couple cute things on Pinterest I might attempt to make :) I say "attempt" because I'm quickly running out of time to get everything done!
 
 



 
 
And then lastly, I have to figure out what to wear! I'm really wanting a black and white striped maxi dress, so hopefully I have time (why do I keep adding things to my to-do list?!!?) to find one before Saturday!
 
Wish us luck .... pray for no rain ... and check back Sunday for photos and a recap :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment