Image Map

Recap: Our Housewarming Party!

11 June 2013

Boy, WHAT a weekend!! Entertaining is serious business. And so.much.freaking.work. But I think it was well worth it! (Even if we woke up Saturday morning to water in our finished basement -- the basement that never floods according to the previous owner -- but that is neither here nor there, and a very long story for another post.)

Friday night it rained like crazy. Torrential downpour. But since it was supposed to clear up by 10am Saturday and be sunny and bright when people came over, I decided I wanted to get some more things for our backyard. So after work Friday, Keith made a trip to Crate and Barrel for these guys:

Steady Sticks
  We got two beer ones and two wine ones, and I am obsessed with these! So of course, Saturday morning I made him go to Home Depot for some red adirondack chairs.


I am totally, 100% obsessed with these chairs. And they were a steal at only $18/piece! They are SO New England, especially with the anchor pillows I found at Homegoods. Score!


We got a new umbrella for our patio set that I am also obsessed with. I love our outdoor space!




Obviously I had to make a new chalkboard sign for the occasion!

This is our "entry way" and is the wall that I'm painting with brown stripes!

Seriously, what kind of a cookout doesn't have s'mores of some kind? Mine just happened to be of the cupcake variety :)

The ones on the left are gluten-free, and the ones on the right were not :)
More food!

My cute little beverage cart, that I LOVE!

Meanwhile, outside......



 The boys played can-jam ....


And Gunner supervised all the activities and tried to eat as much people-food as humanly possible. 



We had such a great time with all our friends and families, and consumed far too many hamburgers and adult beverages! I'm already looking forward to throwing another backyard shindig this summer!

2 comments :

  1. House looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridge! It's really coming together :) I'm hoping to do a house tour post in the next week or so!

      Delete