Image Map

Getting Ready for Summer!

04 June 2013

These last few days of 90 degree temps have me convinced that summer is finally here!!



I live for the summer .... I am totally a warm-weather person, the hotter the better in my book!! Summer also means swimsuit weather ... which is not always quite as exciting for me. But that freaking Victoria's Secret summer catalog gets me everytime!! I am drooling over this one and this one. However, since I'm the girl that owns 12 bathing suits ..... I'm resisting. Not sure how much longer I can hold out :)

To get my body bikini ready and Jamaica ready (we leave in 37 days!!) I started doing quick daily workouts at home. I can barely even walk today. owieeeeeee.



This workout is my all-time favorite. It really works your entire body and you feel amazing after! Plus it only takes about 20 minutes! I try to do them as soon as Keith gets home from work. Doing them together motivates us to not miss a day.




I am also doing the 30 day squat challenge! I am up to Day 11, and thankfully today is a rest day before jumping up to 130 squats. I'm telling you, I can feel this working! Boy does my ass burn!

The other thing that I'm doing is watching what I eat. I already don't eat alot of carbs since I'm gluten free. I eat very little bread or pasta. Last week I decided to cut out all added sugar. I usually relied on chocolate or candy mid-afternoon -- it was my favorite snack! But I was always feeling so sluggish :/ So now, I eat fruit when I feel like I'm craving something sweet. Today I brought to work cut up watermelon, a baggie of grapes, a baggie of baby carrots and a baggie of sliced cucumber! I am always hungry and snack every couple of hours. I am also obsessed with the Laughing Cow cheese wedges. At 35 calories for one and paired with sliced cucumber, I have a healthy and filling snack.

It takes a little more work at night getting my snacks ready, and I go to the grocery store for fresh veggies ever 2-3 days, but once you get into the habit, it's not so bad. Plus, I'm less likely to veer off my "diet" (I really hate that word) if I have snacks and things for me to munch on.

I feel so much better without sugar! I'm not bloated, and I don't get that mid-afternoon crash. Learning to drink my coffee without sugar has been an adjustment, but so far, so good!

I'm not really looking to "lose" weight per say. I just want to feel more confident in a swimsuit, especially since I'll be living in one for a week! So far, I'm really happy with the results and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

So tell me -- what are you doing to get ready for summer?? Anyone else doing the squat challenge?

No comments :

Post a Comment