Image Map

Day 31. Completion.

31 May 2013

It's hard to believe that it's the end of the month, and we've come to the very last post in the #blogeverydayinmay challenge! Thank you Jenni so much for hosting this challenge! I've loved getting to know others in the blogging community and I really feel like I've grown so much from this experience :)
 
Last topic. A vivid memory.
 
 
I have a confession. I have the worst memory ever. I used to be able to remember so many things, but now I can only remember the randomest details that are really not all that important :/
 
However, there is one moment that completely stands out to me. And that moment would be the first time I laid eyes on my husband. I've touched on this a little bit in "our story".
 
June 12, 2009. (holy crap, almost 4 years ago!) The Comcast Center, Mansfield MA. Brad Paisley concert.
 
 
 
 
My sister and I were sitting in our seats, enjoying the opening acts. First was Jimmy Wayne and then, Dierks Bentley. There were lots of empty seats all around us, which wasn't surprising given it was early still. Most people chose to wander around and get some drinks before settling in for the main event.
 
I remember that Dierks was only on his second song. A group of people were making their way into our aisle, and this required us standing up, so that they could climb over us to their seats.
 
 
 
Boy. Girl. Boy. Keith. He was the last one to walk into our row, and the second I laid eyes on him, the entire place stopped. Everything else went kind of blurry, the world stood still and all I could see was this cute guy, juggling two beers and his ticket.
 
He was wearing a white baseball cap, a t-shirt with trees on it, jeans and flipflops.
He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen.
 
 
 
It felt like this moment lasted an hour, but in reality it was only seconds. Miliseconds to be exact. And then just like that, it was noisy and loud and we were all sitting back down. But in that one moment, I knew. I could just feel it in my bones.
 
Isn't it funny how life goes? One minute you're barreling down one specific path and then all of a sudden -- DETOUR! And then you're on this new, amazing path that somehow feels like it was supposed to be all along. Meant to be.
 
In another amazing twist, a couple years later, Keith and I met with the Deacon at the church we were to be married at. Such a gentle, happy, loving soul. He asked us questions about our relationship, and where we met. After we told him, he looked at us kind of funny and said "hold on". He left the room and came back a few minutes later wearing a cowboy hat, with the words "Brad Paisley - Saturday Night Tour" on it. As crazy as it sounds, on that night that we met....somewhere in the same crowd was the man that would marry us three years later.
 
Isn't life amazing? :)

2 comments :

  1. That is pretty funny that the guy who officiated at your wedding was at the same concert as you two on the night you met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome story! Who knew that you would all cross paths on that very same night? So cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete