Image Map

Weekend Recap

13 May 2013


It's a crazy Monday morning around here -- so I've decided to do a weekend recap with photos :) My dear husband does not yet seem to understand why I need to take photos of everything, and have him take photos of me doing them ... but he will!
 
Saturday morning, I painted my bathroom. I was going for a pretty coral color (since coral and mint is my new favorite combo) but it came out more salmon. After a couple of days, the color has grown on me and I can't wait to finish putting the bathroom together!
 
 
 

 
 
Saturday afternoon, our good friends Mike and Jessy came over to see the new house with their two kids. Mike is Keith's best friend from high school and he was the best man in our wedding. Jessy was one of my bridesmaids, and their son Cody was one of our ringbearers.
 
 
Little miss Cali Ann .... this girl has such a personality, I love her to pieces :)

 
The boys at dinner :)

 
The whole gang! It was Cody's idea to get the waitress to take our photo, so glad he did :)


After dinner, we went back to our house and watched our wedding video with them for the first time! Cody got a kick out of seeing himself on TV, and watching his dad's best man speech :)
 
Sunday morning we took his mom and grandma out to brunch and this was the *only* time I forgot to take photos! I was too hungry I guess!
 
Sunday afternoon, was more unpacking and organizing and getting settled! Here is a sneak peek of how my dressing room is coming together. I cannot wait to finish this room!
 
 
And a quikc look at our new white-washed fireplace. I absolutely LOVE how it came out! I even started decorating our mantle a little bit, and can't wait to hang our wedding photos above it.


Anddddd we went shopping. We are suckers for Banana Republic, and they were having a big sale yesterday, so we got 35% off our purchase! Plus we had Banana Rewards ($150 worth!) so we made out big time. Keith and I got a bunch of summer stuff for our upcoming trip to Jamaica.
 
 
Sunday night is quickly becoming Mexican night in our house -- last night was chicken enchiladas, with rice, roasted peppers and homemade guac. Yum!




So there you have it ... our fun, busy, crazy weekend :) I promise to do a house tour later this week, since we are (finally) no longer living out of boxes!







8 comments :

  1. The mexican food looks delicious! Homemade guac is like a staple in our house. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

    I also hope you post pictures after you finish your bathroom! The color looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mexican is our favorite, we have it at least once a week! It's a shame the new town we just moved to doesn't have a Mexican restaurant! So sad :(

      I will absolutely post photos of the bathroom -- I hope to have it finished this weekend :)

      Delete
  2. REALLY cute blog! I love the design and name! And that fireplace is decorated so pretty:).

    New follower of yours via GFC- met you through the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop! Thanks for linking up I am so happy we are connected! Hope you can follow back:).

    Tiffany
    http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much for stopping by, I will be sure to come on over and check out your blog! :)

      Thanks for the compliments, I actually just had the site redone and am loving the changes :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I was checking out your blog from the "lets be friends" blog hop and I LOVEEEEE your name!!! It's so awesome!

    I see you are going to Jamaica soon and I can't wait to see how you like it! I haven't been to the caribbean ever but have been thinking to make that our first place. So I am so excited to see pictures and hear how it goes!

    Stacey
    PSlovesadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! Thanks for stopping by :) We are SO excited about our Jamaica trip and I can't wait to blog about it when we get back!

      Delete
  4. I so wish I had a dressing room! :) Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very excited about it -- the deal was hubby got a "man-cave" and I got a dressing room. It's on the first floor, which isn't super practical since our bedroom is upstairs, but for now, it works. I'm actually going to start painting it tonight :)

      Delete