Image Map

Oh how embarrassing...

10 May 2013

I'm really late with today's post, it's just been one of THOSE days. You know the kind -- all hell breaks loose before 8am and doesn't stop until 5. Oyyyy. 

Anyway. On to the topic of the day. Most embarrassing moment. 

A few years ago, I was in class one day. Some senior-level marketing course, with an instructor who spoke very little English. It was the easiest class and we all basically played on our laptops the entire time. 

One day our professor showed us a commercial that aired in a different country so it was in a foreign language. I looked up from my Mac confused and turned to the kid next to me and said "can you translate that for me? I have no idea what the message was" And he got incredibly offended and said "I don't know I'm not Indian". I was MORTIFIED. I KNEW he wasn't Indian, but I thought the video was in Spanish!! I tried to back pedal my way out, but to no avail. I felt so bad!! And embarrassed :/ 

To this day, that kid and I are still Facebook friends and every.single.time he posts something, I think of that moment and get embarrassed all over again. 

So there ya have it .... What's yours??

No comments :

Post a Comment