Image Map

Day 4: Favorite Quote

04 May 2013

Oh me, oh my .... I am SO excited about today's topic. I have been obsessed with quotes my entire life. I used to fill journals upon journals of quotes I loved. Today's topic is to choose your favorite one. Well my friends, I cannot possibly choose just one, so I will share with you my top five and my reasons for why today they are my favorite.






This scripture is the background behind my blog name. The anchor was our symbol or "motif" of our wedding, and it's kind of become my thing. It symbolizes my faith, hope and love which really does anchor my soul :)




This has for SURE been one of the biggest lessons I have learned. I am incredibly impatient (all the damn time) and so learning to trust in God's plan for my life, has at times been very frustrating. But He always knows what He is doing, and things work out just the way they are supposed to.





I love this verse and can't wait to have this hanging in our master bedroom. I was very blessed to meet my husband :)



Last year was a difficult one. I lost several, what I had considered to be, very close friendships. It almost broke me. I won't deny the part that I had in the end of those friendships, but it hurt me deeply. To this day, I still think of and miss them constantly. However, I had to trust and believe that those friendships had run their course and it was time for us to part.





During this time, I learned who my true friends are. I made new friends and am forming deeper bonds with people I barely knew a year ago. I have been blessed with wonderful friends.




Faith. It's what gets you through that particular rough, dark patch -- you can't see the other side, you have NO idea how things are going to turn out -- but you jump anyway. And you grow wings.

So there you have them (ok I cheated and added 6 of my favorites!) so now it's your turn. Share your favorite with me! If you're doing the blog challenge too, please link your post!

2 comments :

  1. I feel like there's a story behind God often removes someone..etc. I've made a note of that quote. It's food for thought. I've checked in for today's linky several times, but it's not up yet so am visiting more from yesterday's linky and thought ..hey you were last and might not get a visit...so here I am.
    May Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Sandy!! I completely forgot to link up yesterday which explains why I was the last one :(

      Glad you like the quote -- it's (obviously) one of my favorites!

      Delete