Image Map

Gracie's Baptism

30 July 2014

I posted last week about preparing for Gracie's baptism, and it truly was a special day for us. Since her baptism, we've been making more of a conscious effort, and it is my hope that we can continue attending church on a regular basis, and teaching her the values that come from living a godly life. I know she is only three months old, but she's teaching me too. How to be kinder, less impatient, swear less and love more. I want to be the kind of mom that she wants to be her best friend, her role model and her "person". I am lucky to have this kind of a person in my grandmother, and I hope to pass it on to her.
 
Now on to the actual recap of our day :)  
 
Grace was in a happy mood that day, full of smiles and squeals.

"I'm ready to go mama!"
We left her in a onesie, bib and her moccs until we got to the church. No wayyy was I taking the chance of her spitting up, peeing or worse, pooping (!!) on her beautiful dress!

Dress, JC Penney
She took a nice 20 minute nap on the way there, so she was refreshed and ready to go!

Family photo outside the church


Me and my nugget


With her godmother Jennifer



So alert during the service!
It was very meaningful for us that Deacon Frank baptized her. He married us and we are very close to him and his wife Kathy. He is such a big part of our lives, we talk about him often, and our grateful to him for bringing us closer to our church.




I especially love this picture below. Little Joey (who is 6 years old) took this picture!

She LOVES her daddy

 
Deacon Frank and Kathy hand paint these shells with each child's name and their baptism date. He then used this shell to pour the water over head to baptize her. We then get to keep and save it. I'm looking forward to creating a memory box from this day and including it. 


After the service we had all our friends and family over to our house. It was a beautiful afternoon, and everyone loved on her and she was passed from person to person :) She got to meet many of her great-aunts, cousins and great-grandmother for the first time. She was quite exhausted by the end of the day, as we were we!
 
 
 
And of course, her cake ... isn't it gorgeous??  

It was a beautiful, perfect day and I couldn't have imagined it any better. We are truly blessed!


No comments :

Post a Comment