Image Map

Oh Hey Friday!

18 July 2014


New Friday link up with The Farmer's Wife and September Farm ... I am SO freaking excited that it's Friday! Woo hoo!!




One // I love nursing. Gracie loves nursing. She gets so excited and kicks her feet and makes the cutest grunting noises when she knows she is about to eat. I hated nursing in the beginning and almost quit the first week. I had supply issues, she wanted to nurse all the time, but wasn't getting enough to eat and we ended up supplementing. I decided to stick it out for two weeks, and after that I finally got the hang of it. My supply was established by week five and now I want to nurse as long as she wants to.

All that being said, I hate pumping. It's such a process, especially at work! I'm pumping every two hours during the day, which averages out to 4-5 times. But I do it because it means that she gets my milk while she is at daycare and my supply stays up so I can nurse her at nights and on the weekends. I'm averaging about 10-12 ounces a day, which is freaking awesome.



Two // Gracie's baptism is this weekend and I am so excited to celebrate with all our friends and family. (And of course I'm excited to put her in her beautiful christening gown and headband!)

I'll be serving lots of finger foods and desserts since the celebration party doesn't start until 3:30pm. On the menu is calzones, chicken salad sandwiches, spinach & strawberry salad, and ziti and meatballs.

Her cake inspiration ... I love the ruffles!




I always wait until the last minute to think about decorations, but I'd love to do something like this!


Three // I have been dying to try out a sangria recipe that I got from my friend Brittany. It looks so easy and so delish! You can check out her blog and recipe here :) I think it's the perfect celebratory drink to serve on Sunday.

Of course, I have to have a cute drink dispenser to put it in .... I found this bad boy at Marshall's last week for $10!



Four // I'm wondering if our house is ever going to sell. It's been on the market for six weeks, and we've had two open houses and at least a dozen showings. We've been thisclose about four times, but in the end the potential buyers put offers on other houses. It's so much work to keep our house ready to be shown (especially with a baby and a dog!), and then we are so disappointed when nothing comes of it.  I'm at the point where we get a request for a showing and I think "ughhhh" because it's so much work.

Five // I am so embarrassed that I still haven't done anything with Gracie's newborn photos. I was holding off because I thought our house was going to sell and then I would have to take all the photos down. Now, I'm thinking that life is short so I might as well put them up.  I need help and ideas PLEASE!  Photo books? Canvas prints? Help a mama out!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment