Image Map

Pick a table, any table!

15 April 2013

I've mentioned before (I think....) about my obsession with dining room tables. It was one of the first things I wanted to purchase for the new house, because to me, a dining room table just means home.

A place to gather with friends and family, for holidays and dinner parties -- or just quiet dinners alone.

Here are a few of my favorites:



 

 

 




 

 

 

I have searched high and low for a rustic, farmhouse table. Just the table. I want to add fun upholstered chairs, amd those I can find anywhere -- but a table? Pottery Barn has one I love for $1799. Not only would my husband kill me, but even I think that is a ridiculous amount of money. I found a set from Jordan's for $749, that I almost settled for. The wood is a little too light for my tastes, and Keith doesn't really love the white legs. But it was a decent price, so we almost went for it.

But then .... a lightbulb went off. My father is a great woodworker, and loves spending his spare time building things. He actually built their dining room table, and my parents have had it for over 20 years. So I asked him if he would be willing to help us out and he said yes!! I sent him my inspiration photos and he's going to source some local wood for us and give us pricing.

I am so excited that we'll have a unique and very affordable table for our new dining room and can't wait to get started on this project! Now, I just have to pick out some chairs.....

2 comments :

  1. I love wooden tables too! That's awesome about your dad! I look forward to pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete