Image Map

Chalkboard Obsessions

03 April 2013

For probably the past year, I have been obsessed with chalkboards. I know you know what I'm talking about. Chalkboards are so IN right now ...from weddings and parties to home decor. Just search Pinterest (...told you I was obsessed with Pinterest....)

I jumped on the bandwagon before our wedding and had two chalkboard signs on display:




After the wedding, we had to throw the ceremony one away because the chalk would.not.come.off. I tried everything. I've since learned a tip to "season" your chalkboard so this doesn't happen anymore. You take a piece of chalk and rub it over the entire board, and then wipe it off. Live and learn, at least you won't make the same mistake I did :)

Anyway, for the past two months I have been obsessing over getting a new, permanent chalkboard for our house. I was determined to make one, since I thought that would be easiest. I searched high and low for the right frame but found nothing. I wanted something long, but not too wide and with a wood frame that I could paint or stain.

Then today. I decided to venture to the HomeGoods up the street from my office on my lunch break. I could spend every single lunch at this store, but I've been really good at staying away lately. I just can't resist buying something on each visit. Anyway, today I just had to get there. And I almost walked right into this:




I couldn't believe my eyes .... it was PERFECT! I love that it had its own stand, and a basket at the bottom to store things .... chalk maybe? No that's too obvious. I don't know. Maybe a nice potted plant? Anyway.

I stood there gawking at this gorgeous chalkboard easel and it's $79.99 price tag. Yes it was a splurge. But it was something I wanted oh so badly. So I texted my husband. Asked him if he would kill me if I brought this home. And he said no!! God, I love that man. So, I picked that thing up so fast and practically ran to the cashier, doing a little happy dance the whole way.

I have all sorts of ideas for where I'm going to put the chalkboard and what is going to go on it first -- I'll share a picture tomorrow, which also happens to be my husband's birthday, so guess what the chalkboard will get used for first? :)

Anyone else on the chalkboard-obsession-train? 

No comments :

Post a Comment