Image Map

Bumpdate -- 29 Weeks!

25 February 2014


Woohoo! Is it just me or is this pregnancy absolutely flying by?? It's really crazy thinking about how soon she could be here! (ok not toooo soon), but we're down to 70-odd days until her due date! Nuts, I tell you.



My new Pea in a Pod shirt that I am in love with :)

How far along: 29 weeks and SO close to the countdown weeks to be in single digits!
Gender: Girl
Weight gain: umm .... this is the two week period where I gained 11 pounds. whoa. I didn't get much of a growth spurt either so I'm not quite sure where that weight went? By the time I went back on Friday for my checkup, I had lost 4 of those 11. MUCH better. My midwife thinks it was water weight.
Maternity clothes: I never thought I'd say this, but I'm tired of leggings. Maybe because they are the only pants I own that fit me. (maybe that's where that 11 pounds went haha) So I finally broke down and went out and bought a few more pants to wear to work, since they still haven't given me the okay to wear sweatpants. boo. But it feels SO nice to have pants that fit :)
Stretch marks: Nope!
Belly button in or out: Out and very weird looking
Sleep: It's hit or miss at this point ... some nights it is great, other nights I wake up every hour, on the hour.
Best moment this week: I had two checkups this week so we got to hear baby girl's heartbeat and everything twice. She is still head down and doing beautifully <3
Miss anything: I can no longer get comfortable in bed, it takes me seven minutes of semi-rolling around to get into a semi-comfortable state. Oh, and it's getting harder to breathe. Just talking sometimes gets me winded!!
Movement: This little-me is such a ninja. Except of course for Wednesday. When she didn't move the entire freaking day. I tried poking her, eating cupcakes .. pretty much everything short of standing on my head and she would not budge. I was also having really bad contractions all day, so by 3pm, I was starting to get nervous. After calling my midwife, they had me come in to get checked out and they found her heartbeat instantly. I literally started sobbing, it was the most beautiful and perfect sound in the world to me. She was clearly very comfortable and in a deep sleep all day :) And then wouldn't stop moving all night. Typical :)
Cravings: My cravings are starting to slow down, and I'm still trying to eat lots of fruits and healthy snacks, because then I don't feel so guilty indulging in some treats when the mood strikes!
Queasy or sick: Still the same old rotten aches and pains, with a little bit of heartburn thrown in for good measure.
Looking forward to: spring! warmer weather! this is the winter that just WILL.NOT.FREAKING.END. Plus spring means getting to meet our little girl!

I am also very happy to say that her nursery is 90% finished! We worked on it all weekend, and it's really come together so beautifully. We are waiting on a couple of things to make it completely done, and then I will be doing a separate nursery post! 

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of her gallery wall :)


Prints are all from Etsy, I will link in separate post!
Also, this last story is too cute not to share .... Gunner is having severe anxiety over all these changes going on in our house. He thinks that everything new is for him, or is a new toy for him. Sunday I was taking all the tags off her dolls and teething toys and he sat there watching me so intently and patiently. I knew he was waiting for one, since he obviously thought they were toys for him. 

He was quite distraught when I put them all in this basket and out of his reach. He sat and whined at the basket for at least 20 minutes. Finally Keith took a new toy of his, hid it in there and then gave it to him, and he played happily with it for over an hour.

I'm telling you now ... we are in for it once this baby gets here!!
Oh Gunner

No comments :

Post a Comment