Image Map

PI: Preppy & Nautical

30 March 2013

Ohhh boy do I love everything about this next outfit! I am a total preppy, New England, nautical girl and this outfit is totally something I would (and do!) wear.

My friend Lauren sent over this Pinterest Inspired look:

Source
I sourced all the pieces yesterday and this morning while attempting to put this outfit into a post, realized several things had sold out overnight .... clearly these were popular items!


The entire above look comes from gap.com -- I am a die-hard Gap fan, maybe because I worked there for almost 8 years. I love the quality and while *sometimes* their things can be a little pricey, they are constantly running sales. Like this weekend, everything online is 40% off with free shipping over $50. (Sidenote: this does NOT include denim, which is a little annoying but I promise you will live in these jeans all spring and summer. They are worth the $69)  Shoes Shirt Jeans  Total price with discounts: $115 --- for extremely versatile pieces. I would wear those ballet flats with everything! 

To finish the look -- add some color coordinated accessories: Scarf (also from gap.com $11.99 on sale); Belt $5.80 at Forever21); and the bag $39.95 at DSW. Again, all are pieces you can use and reuse in other outfits. I did find a very cute tote and scarf at Target yesterday, but both pieces had sold out. Links are here and here if you want to try to find them in your local store.

So there you have it -- a perfectly preppy, spring outfit! Now if only I could talk myself out of purchasing these items .....

:) Thanks Lauren for the outfit! I still have several more outfits from her and Allison, so look for those in the next few days!


2 comments :