Image Map

You know when you know

19 March 2013

Two days before I left for Hawaii, a new listing popped up in my house search. The instant I saw it, I had that gut feeling. I knew it was the one. I even emailed my husband and agent, telling them so :)

Our first problem, was they were not showing the property until the first open house on Sunday. When I would be 6000 miles away. But our agent was able to get us in for a private showing on Friday night .... turns out sometimes it does matter who you know!

As my agent was unlocking the door, I said to her "I have a good feeling about this one" and she just kind of chuckled. She knew from personal experience what it feels like finding your home, so she just agreed with me. We ran through that house like kids in a candy store. Opening every door and closet, falling more and more in love with the house as we went.

Keith arrived a few minutes after we did, and as he walked in the door, I yelled "welcome home!" his response "can I at least see the place first?"

Would you like to see it too? Here are photos I took:

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Brand new kitchen!!

Living Room

Upstairs bathroom

Finally I get a fireplace!!!

Upstairs bathroom vanity

Master bedroom

Master bedroom -- it's huge!

Fireplace again :)

Finished basement

Keith's man cave :)

Future patio and backyard

Isn't adorable? LOVE the red door!

Back of the house, Keith and Julie our agent :)

Side view






The house is a little over 2000 sq. feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a finished basement. Everything is new .... it has been completely redone from top to bottom. Brand new kitchen and bathrooms, as well as roof, electrical and heating system. The sellers are even building a new deck, patio and professionally landscaping the backyard.

The house was everything we wanted, and standing in the kitchen that night, knew we had to have it. Since I was leaving less than 12 hours later, we quickly agreed on what we would offer and I left the job of getting the house up to the two of them!

It took a couple if days -- a very busy open house, two other offers and a little bit of panic -- but on Monday morning we found out that we got the house! They accepted our offer!!!

The whole week that I was gone, Keith was hard at work -- getting our mortgage lined up, arranging dates and appointments. He got it all done, so that when I came home -- everything was all set. We went straight to the home inspection, and then from there, we drove around our new town and called our families to share the exciting news.

We looked at probably 50 houses before we found this one, and after every disappointment, I tried not to lose hope. I knew it was a matter of timing, and luck. And it seems, that both are finally on our side :)

1 comment :

  1. Oh Gentel! This is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so very happy for you. Congrats! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete