Image Map

Thanksgiving Recap & a Bumpdate

04 December 2013


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our famiy and friends, and we hope that you did too! I only get Thanksgiving Day off, so we came home that night and I worked the next day while Keith spent seven hours cleaning up all the leaves in the backyard! Oh the joys of homeownership :) Then we went back to his family's house for our annual Friendsgiving and a little bit of shopping of course!
 
 

Sweater, Express (old and non-maternity!)

 
 
How far along: 17 weeks
Gender: Girl
Weight gain: 1 lbs.
Maternity clothes: I feel like I have no clothes because the size of my maternity wardrobe is 1/4 of my non-maternity wardrobe, so I'm trying to get more creative with the stuff I have and making it work since my bump is still pretty small :)
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleep has been blissfully good this week
Best moment this week: FINALLY coming up with a plan with my midwives and PCP about handling my migraines, which leads to .....
Worst moment this week: I missed two days of work due to an extreme migraine and my first ever case of vertigo. After spending three hours at the doctor and not getting any relief, Keith drove me to the ER where we spent another 6 hours before they finally figured out what was safe to give me. Oh and I got a cold on top of it. When it rains, it pours :)  
Miss anything: Cocktails! Especially around the holidays and we are going to parties where everyone has a nice little buzz on and I'm sober sally in the corner haha!
Movement: I thought I felt a little flutter while in the ER, but since I haven't felt anything since I'm going to guess it might have had something to do with the awesome pain meds I was on :)
Cravings: The same as always: fruit, cereal, steak and cheese subs!
Queasy or sick: Nothing pregnancy related so that is nice
Looking forward to: Christmas shopping, decorating, parties and starting new traditions. I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!
 
 
 
Some photos from our Thanksgiving weekend!
 

Keith's father took some photos of us on Thanksgiving for our Christmas cards, this was one that didn't make the cut, but I think ist still pretty cute!


Our City Select stroller came in (I found a crazy awesome deal online last week and scooped it up!) and Gunner thinks that it's for him! He loves to sit in it, and ride around in it .... looks like I should have gotten the second seat! LOL




Thanksgiving Dinner!!!


The hubs and I at Friendsgiving 2013


Our Christmas decor! I had SO much fun decorating our tree and the mantle :) The ornament on the top right is very special to me, since my grandmother sent it to me a few years ago with a note that says "remember me each Christmas", the ornament was made by a friend of hers and is older than I am. It's my favorite.

 

The one thing that I didn't do much of (and am kind of kicking myself now!) is Black Friday OR Cyber Monday shopping! Shocking I know! I think because I was so sick I didn't feel like braving the crowds and then all the Cyber Monday deals didn't really seem that great to me :/ But I still got our stroller (for $100 off!), so I think that was a pretty sweet deal!
 
I hope you all are having a wonderful December so far! Only 21 days til Christmas!!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment