Image Map

the ugly side of blogging.....

10 December 2013


I had a fun Christmas-themed post planned and ready for today, but after just reading a post from a fellow blogger, I'm compelled to write this one instead.

First of all, I have to say that the reason why I was drawn so much to blogging was because the blogging community is a pretty awesome place. I have had the opportunity to "meet" some pretty amazing women. Fellow newlyweds, or mommy-to-be's, women that share my passion for DIY, decorating, fashion and Jesus. People who understand what it's like to go through the same tough things I am.

One of these women, is Kaitlin. She blogs over at Wifessionals, and I was instantly drawn to her warmth, her down-to-earth personality and her honesty. We emailed a few times and she is truly the sweetest and most genuine person, with a heart of gold. Her posts became some of my favorites, and I always looked forward to a new blog post from her. As someone who just had a new baby, she had a lot of invaluable advice for someone like me!

Today, she posted that she is taking a break from blogging. I'm sorry ..... whaaaaat?! was my first reaction. How could she walk away from this? She has so many loyal readers who have come to know and love her like I have.

Two words: cyber bullies.

This is the ugly side of blogging that we hope never happens to us, or someone we know. As a blogger, I put alot out there. My whole life really. My home, my marriage, my family. It's my online journal. And while I've made some great friends, not everyone is so nice. There are people who hide behind their keyboards and attack someone like Kaitlin. They say mean, hurtful things about her NINE WEEK OLD daughter. Her husband. Her marriage. You name it, nothing is off-limits to these cowards.

And here I sit, wondering how someone could ever be so cruel. How they could attack this woman, who has done nothing to them. It's the sad world that we live in. Jealousy and bitterness can eat away at someone. Bullies are more and more common, and they come in all shapes and sizes.

I honestly hope that I never have to face a situation like this. But if I did, I can only imagine that I would react in the same way as Kaitlin is. My family would come first, and I would do anything to protect them.

Kaitlin's absence will leave a hole in our little blogging community and I hope that one day she is able to return to something she once loved so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment