Image Map

25 Week Bumpdate!

27 January 2014



See how tired I look now? :)


How far along: 25 Weeks

Gender: Girl

Weight gain: 12-15ish pounds?

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: Nope!

Belly button in or out: Out

Sleep: ugh what is that? this is how my nights go ... I get home, make dinner, do house stuff and watch some TV and then crawl into bed utterly exhausted by 9:30 or 10pm. At 2:30am, I am wide awake. Still utterly exhausted, and now extremely uncomfortable, I toss and turn for 2 hours. Then I get up and go lay on the couch or the futon in the guest room where usually by 5am I can fall back asleep. Getting up at 6am when my alarm goes off, is pure torture. Oh and did I mention the restless leg syndrome that also keeps me from falling back asleep? ughhh.

Best moment this week: We set up her crib and started working on painting her dresser! Even though our living plans are in limbo right now, I still want to move ahead with getting ready for baby girl. If we sell and move, we can just pack it all up as is and move it!

Worst moment this week: Friday night I started having bad stomach pains. It took a few hours for me to figure out that they were actually contractions of some sort. I took a hot bath, went to bed and slept (amazingly) fairly well. Saturday I woke up and my stomach still felt really tight and I was still contracting, but there were too many to really count. It felt like they all just rolled one into the next! Not fun. Around 2:30 our midwife told us to come in to Labor & Delivery and get checked out. They ran a few tests, and monitored me for a couple of hours.Turns out everything looked really great! Baby was doing well and my cervix was still closed so they knew I wasn't headed to pre-term labor. THANK GOD. I think the stress of the week and maybe over-doing it physically just took a toll on me, so I was sent home with strict instructions to lay low and rest the rest of the weekend. Keith took that advice very seriously, and wouldn't even let me go get a pedicure because it involved me driving. If he heard me get up from the couch, he would run in yelling "are you doing something??" LOL It was very cute and sweet how much he pampered me this weekend. Thankfully I am feeling a lot better now, I think a day of resting was just what I needed!

Miss anything: Sleep lol

Movement: She is SO active. While at the hospital and hooked up to the monitor, my midwife was amazed at how much she was moving around! She pretty much never stops :)

Cravings: Nothing too specific this week!

Queasy or sick: Neither :)

Looking forward to: having a nice, quiet, low key week! (I hope ....)




 

No comments :

Post a Comment