Image Map

Our family is on the move!

17 January 2014


I honestly cannot believe that I am writing this post. I never expected to write it so soon. But life is crazy and oftentimes unpredictable.

Today, we put our house on the market. Yes, the very house that we just moved into nine months ago.
 
Taken almost ten months ago, the day of our house inspection

 
The day we closed, and moved in

When we bought this house, I think we both fully expected this to be our "long-term" home. It has four bedrooms, a huge yard, a great finished basement and was in one of the top school districts in the state. On paper, this house should have been perfect for us.
 
 
Our Living Room today


Our kitchen

My favorite wall in the whole house!

Looking back to when we were purchasing this house, all the signs were there that we shouldn't have bought it. It wasn't "our" house. But at the time, we were under a time crunch having sold our condo, and there was very little else on the market. So we continued to bulldoze through and we did everything in our power to make this house happen. Isn't it funny how sometimes you look back and think "how did we not see the signs?"

Now, I'm not saying that there is anything physically wrong with this house. We had alot of issues in the beginning with shoddy work the previous owner had done. We were fortunate that they were able to rectify all of the issues, at no cost to us, thus allowing us to in good faith sell the house to someone else.

It just wasn't for us. I can't put my finger on what that means exactly, but I know that this is not the home or the community that God intended for us to live in. Obviously I have no clue what His plan is for our life, but after fighting this situation for so long we know we made a mistake moving here. And so now I am doing something I failed to do a year ago -- trust in Him that He will open up a path and lead us to the right place.

So today, three months before the birth of our first child, we listed our house and put it all in God's hands. We have plans to rent for a year, and take some time to do some thinking about where we ultimately should live. Our life is clearly in transition right now, and there are alot of factors that will affect this decision. To us, the best way to sort it out was to go back to square one. We hope to live in a rental, save even more money for our next home, focus on becoming parents and letting go of everything else. I know that our path will become clear once we quiet everything else down.

And truthfully, while this move is bittersweet and I'm a little nervous about what this means for our future, I am also so so excited to see what is in store for us next. I've never felt more confident that we are making the right decision for our family.


No comments :

Post a Comment