Image Map

Week 22: New Years Week Recap!

05 January 2014

Shirt/ Old Navy Necklace/ Stella & Dot




How far along: 22 Weeks
Gender: Girl
Weight gain: Still not sure! Probably close to 10 pounds with the way I've been eating!
Maternity clothes: Yes! I am actually loving this stage of being pregnant because I love showing off the bump :)
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: barelyyy an innie!
Sleep: pretty good, but could be better
Best moment this week: spending lots of downtime at home, cleaning and organizing and nesting! 
Worst moment this week: just dealing with the crappy weather and a fresh 18" of snow!
Miss anything: Being able to be more active. Everything tires me out
Movement: Tons and tons of movement, this little girl barely sleeps during the day! 
Cravings: The same, anything sweet
Queasy or sick: Feeling good! *knock on wood* no headaches or migraines either, woohoo!
Looking forward to: my birthday in three days and our babymoon to Charleston in four days!

Here are some other photo highlights and events of our week!

After 5 weeks (one of those being spent lost in the mail!) baby girl's bedding finally arrived! I had it custom made which is why it took a bit longer, but I am so so thrilled with how it came out! Her nursery colors are mint green and coral, and I can't wait to see it all come together.

Bedding Set/ Etsy via Sally Jenson Interiors
We rang in the New Year snuggled in at home, watching movies and NYE coverage on TV. I got "pretend drunk" off sparkling grape juice and actually managed to stay up past midnight! That's a win for this preggo :)


New Years Day we spent bumming around the house, taking down all the Christmas decor and cleaning and de-cluttering like mad people. We managed to tackle our entire main living space, and I'm obsessed with how nice and open it looks!

Our living room/breakfast bar/kitchen area

Our living room & front entry .. can you find Gunner? :)
January 3rd brought Storm Hercules to town, dumping close to 18" of fresh snow. We were released early from work on the 2nd, when the storm started and it went well into the next afternoon. I don't mind the snow if I have nowhere to go, but getting up early and driving to work in this mess is just not very fun.

Our backyard
January 3rd was also the day I decided to do a cute-maternity-look selfie. I'm pretty obsessed with this outfit!

Same red shirt from Old Navy/ Sweater is from veryjane.com, one of their many great deals I've scored! 

Yesterday (Saturday), we ventured into Boston for what we thought was the first of our prenatal classes. Turns out, the class actually started the next day, and Sundays are football days in our house! So, we canceled our enrollment in that class and signed up for another one in mid-February. The trip was not wasted though! I got the coziest gray cashmere-ish sweater, picked out a perfect little charm necklace for my birthday and we got Pinkberry :)
Then last night, we went to a party at our friends Aimee and Mike's new house. They were having a 12th Night Party with a "festive attire" dresscode. After much panicking on exactly what that meant for a pregnant girl, I settled on this look:

Smoky eyes/Big hair/Stella & Dot necklace/ Jessica Simpson dress

The hubs and I
Today was spent de-cluttering and reorganizing my dressing room. As much as I LOVE this room, it didn't get as much use because I mainly used it as a closet. I rearranged some things, and got rid of a lot of stuff I didn't need so I was able to turn my "vanity" back into an actual desk. Now I have a dedicated place to blog, pay bills and stay organized. I'm SO much happier with this space now! If only I had a chevron rug ......

I will be so sad to one day have to give up this space!

Today I also hung the canvas over the desk, so instead of having a blank wall, I know can look up at one of our favorite wedding photos <3


And lastly!! I also packed for our upcoming trip this week. I'm so excited to be going somewhere warmer and wearing cute outfits, while exploring a new city with my husband and stuffing my face with amazing food :) 


And that's all for now my friends! I can't wait to do a Charleston recap when we get back next weekend! Have a great week :)

No comments :

Post a Comment