Image Map

Thursday Reads

30 January 2014


Hi guys! Just popping in quickly because I wanted to share two link two great articles that were shared with me this week.
 
You may have seen them as they have been making their way through social media, but if not, please take a look!
 
Here is a link to the first one, titled "before you were a mommy". I seriously got teary eyed reading this one. I know that having a baby is going to completely change our lives, and our marriage, as we adjust to caring for another little person, and the words she writes just really hit home.
 
The second one is about raising kind daughters. We live in a kind of mean society. Anyone else notice this? There is so much anger, and frustration and stress and don't even get me started on the bullying. Bullying that is seen in young kids, at school and online. This article really struck home with me as I am getting ready to have a daughter. It got me thinking about what kind of person I want her to be, and how I want her to act and treat people. And that forced me to take a look at myself ... what kind of example am I setting for her? The bottom line is ... kindness starts at home. How different would our world be if everyone tried to be a little kinder?
 
Let me know what you guys think!!


No comments :

Post a Comment