Image Map

Little Baby M: Nursery Planning

24 January 2014

 





When we first got pregnant, we weren't planning on finding out if baby M was a boy or girl. That got old pretty quickly and we changed our minds around ten weeks. But even from the get-go, whether it was a boy or girl, I was pretty set on what I wanted for a nursery.

I am not a fan of themes. I don't knock anyone who loves them, but to me, I just don't like them. I knew I wanted more focus on colors, textures and patterns.

Our original color scheme was grey, aqua and orange. Something that could go well if the baby was a boy or a girl. You may remember that I had purchased these last August:

Antique map prints purchased at a flea market in Boston


My goal was to hang these in the nursery with a few more prints with quotes like "oh the places you'll go" and "the world is your oyster".

Then, we found out we were having a girl. And all of a sudden, I wanted her room to feel more "girlie". I still wanted the same general color scheme but now I was headed toward mint and coral, with soft peach and gold accents.

Here is the mood/inspiration board that I came up with thanks to my best friend Pinterest :)

 

Top left // Top Right // Bottom Left // Bottom Right    



I am loving everything about these colors, textures and combinations. Her bedding was the first thing that I ordered. I had the privilege of working with Sally Jenson Interiors, and I was blown away by her work.


Coral Dot Bumper- You pick piping and tie color
This bumper is the exact one that we ordered.

 
She also made me a matching crib sheet in a fun mint print and crib skirt in a mint and coral chevron fabric. The bedding was definitely a splurge, but after searching high and low and not being able to find exactly what I wanted, I knew custom was the way to go. And I'd do it all over again :)

The crib pictured in the above photo is the actual crib we ordered too, only I didn't realize it until last week, haha! It's a very popular style, probably because it's so affordable and great quality and I love the girliness of it. The crib and mattress were a gift from my wonderful mother-in-law!


Here is a sneak peek!!


Displaying photo.JPG
And here she is!!! Isn't it so pretty?


Even though we are (hopefully) moving, once her crib came in, I couldn't resist setting it up and seeing how it looks finished. It makes me so happy to go into that room and just look at her crib, and get all emotional about it. Oh the joys of pregnancy hormones!!

We purchased her dresser last weekend from Craigslist, and I'm excited to give it a coat of coral paint and change out the hardware. I think it is going to go perfectly in her nursery :)

I am really looking forward to sharing the finished room with you all in just a few short months!









 

No comments :

Post a Comment