Image Map

Our Home in Photos, Part I

22 August 2014


I have been meaning (for a very long time!) to do a post of our home. I took these pictures back in June when we put our house on the market. Just this past Monday, we took it off the market and I'm excited to pick up with our home updates.


I would really love a big rug underneath our dining room table. My problem is that Gunner pees on every.single.rug. in our house. He's already ruined several!
I am also contemplating turning this table the other way, just to see if I like it better :)


My striped wall is my favorite part of our house! I would like to add some more pictures to the wall, and change up the items on the blue table ... maybe add a chair?
We may blow through the wall behind the red front door and make the room behind it the dining room, and the current dining room will become our family room.
If we do that, we'll end up opening the staircase up and my pretty striped wall will go away :(


IThis is definitely a #firstworldproblem but I cannot stand the color of our granite. It's too dark for our house and not my style. I would much prefer a lighter granite.
I also want to replace that hideous builder-boring kitchen light. Chandelier maybe?
 
See where the door and window are? We are thinking about opening up that wall into a mud room and family room beyond that. It would be nice to have a more open space for entertaining too. 





In a perfect world, I would also have white cabinets. If we stay long enough, maybe one day I'll paint these :)




My bathroom is pink. Enough said :)

Our house technically has four bedrooms. Two upstairs, and two downstairs.
 
The downstairs back "bedroom" is currently being used as a den. Yeah, it's definitely a little bit awkward of a layout, but since the basement is fully finished and houses all our living room furniture, this makes the most sense for us, right now anyway!




 
I also dislike the color of the walls with the brown couch and dark wood furniture and the curtains don't match either :/ I painted this room when I first moved in (Antique Tin by Behr) when this room was my closet/dressing room. 
 
I'm leaving it for now .... we'll see what happens if we make any changes with the layout!
 
This room is the front bedroom, and we use it as a playroom/guestroom. I love the navy blue and nautical touches.
 
 
The opposite wall of the playroom has her pack'n'play set up. We mostly use it for storage. And changing diapers. But she's getting better at napping in it too!
 
The prints are original maps from the 1960's that I bought at a flea market in Boston last summer. The map on the left is of the Hawaiian islands, on the right is Massachusetts and the center is the world. It represents where Keith and I are both from, and the world map represents all the places she can go :)
 



If we don't end up building an addition off of the kitchen, then this playroom will be opened up to the main room and be turned into a dining room. Are you lost yet??

And now,the outside of our house. I admit that I love the outside of our house! It's a very traditional, New England style home. I love the curb appeal, the patio and the yard.
One day we'll add a fence. Maybe a deck. And a swingset. haha






We also desperately need to do over our front steps. The rail is kind of rusted and the stairs are falling apart. We don't use our front steps much, but for curb appeal, I would love to get them fixed up!

That's all for now! There are two other floors that I'll get around to sharing eventually :)

Has anyone been through a rehab project? Any tips for us??
 

No comments :

Post a Comment