Image Map

It's Friday!!!

29 August 2014


 Thank the lord!! I didn't think this week would ever end. It was a long one for sure. Now I'm just a few hours away from a 3 1/2 day weekend!


 
 
Here's my weekly roundup:

One // I mentioned in my weekend post that we are going through the dreaded four month sleep regression. Some nights this week, she gets up every hour and then some nights she sleeps a 3 hour stretch. We really want her to have good sleep habits, and we really want to be able to get some sleep again! So, after searching Pinterest and doing some research, we hired the folks at the Baby Sleep Site.
 
For $120, we get a personalized sleep/eat schedule for Gracie with 3 emails from a sleep consultant. I filled out a lengthy questionnaire about her personality, sleep habits, medical issues, as well as our goals for her. They ask if you are open to things like "cry it out", and if you are not, they can offer other suggestions.
 
I had previously done a lot of research on sleep training, but no one plan was just right for her. I love that these consultants take bits and pieces and put together something just for us.
 
The best part is they have a 100% money back guarantee, so I figured it was a win-win deal! Besides, can you really put a price tag on a good nights' sleep??
 
Two //  I am obsessed with camo. I never thought I would say that, since I'm a pretty classic/preppy girl when it comes to my personal style. Then I bought a pair of camo flats, and they go with everything, and add just the right touch of "different" to an otherwise plain outfit.
 
I'm dying over these camo pants from Loft, and am waiting for a sale so that I can scoop them up. I'll keep the look simple and style it like this:

Camo skinnies. Surprisingly like!
Source
 
Gracie even has a pair of camo jeggings from Old Navy, that look adorable on her!
 



Three // I've seen a lot of bloggers posting about the devotional site "She Reads Truth". I had been looking for something that I could read daily, that was short and sweet to fit into my busy life. I signed up for their daily emails and downloaded the (free!) app and am so happy I did! I love waking up in the morning and taking 10 minutes when I'm still laying in bed to read through the day's devotional.
 
source Today's devotional message
 
 
Four // We booked our first family vacation! We are going to Hilton Head Island, SC in November for 5 days, and we couldn't be more excited. It's going to be Gracie's first airplane trip, and her and I will be flying down solo! I will be doing lots of research (meaning: searching Pinterest and blogs!) for tips and ideas on flying with an infant. Since Keith will already be there for a golf tournament, we are meeting him there on a Friday afternoon. I am praying for half way decent weather and a condo with a heated pool :)
 
Five // I can hardly believe it, but our two year wedding anniversary is on Monday! Seriously, where has the time gone? It's crazy to me when I look back on how much we've done in the last two years!! My MIL is keeping the baby on Sunday afternoon so that we can have a date day. I'm so excited to share our anniversary date on the blog next week. In the meantime, I'll leave you with my favorite wedding day photo. Or two. :)

This was from our "first look"



We snuck away during the cocktail hour and got this amazing photo at sunset


 
Have a happy, long weekend my friends!!

No comments :

Post a Comment