Image Map

Weekend Wrap Up

25 August 2014

Linking up with Meghan and Biana!


Even though we had zero plans, this weekend was BUSY. I guess it was just  a lot of big things going on at once!

For starters, Gracie finally slept in her crib! I knew she was outgrowing her rock'n'play. Her little feet hung off the edge, and she's very close to being able to roll from her back to front. I was worried I'd find her on the floor one day! 
 
So Friday night, I fed her and rocked her and then laid her in her crib. 
And then I sat in the chair in her room and waited. And waited.
 
Finally I realized she wasn't going to wake up and scream. And she slept the whole night in her crib! She got up a couple (ok, several) times to eat,  but every time she went back down in the crib. Same thing again on Saturday night! I think since she naps in a crib at daycare, she was used to it, so doing it at home was a much smoother transition. She even napped in her pack n play this weekend!
Big steps for our Gracie girl :)


 

On Saturday, we spent the afternoon out running errands. Keith joined a local golf course and is really excited about it. Golf is one of his biggest passions, and to be a member at a gorgeous course five minutes away, is pretty awesome. He joined now for 2015, and got the rest of this year free! 


We went to lunch at the BBC...


And then we went to the mall. This mama finally decided it was time to stop wearing maternity pants, and I bought some jeans and work pants. I'm only 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but my body is shaped very differently now and none of my old pants fit me. So I decided to bite the bullet, and I've put away all my maternity stuff for good. 

Sunday we went to church...


Keith told me I looked like I was dressed for Easter (??) but Gracie was rocking her adorable sweater dress (on sale!) from babyGap


Those lips
 
 and hung out in our activity seat....


This smile just kills me :)
 
and, most exciting, we met with a contractor about building an addition on our house!
 
Since taking the house off the market, we knew we needed to either re-work our main floor layout or build an addition.

He had lots of great ideas, and we are now waiting on a price from him. Once we get a number, we can start talking to the bank about getting a construction loan. 

Work wouldn't begin until spring, so we have plenty of time to get things in line. This addition would make the layout of our home so much more functional and make us a lot happier staying here. Truthfully, if we do this work, we won't ever need to move! We have plenty of bedrooms, and we are in a fantastic school district (top 50 in the state!). It's a perfect home to raise Gracie in. 
 
We rounded out our Sunday with grocery shopping, meal prep for the week, laundry and ironing. fun stuff.
 
And this weekend we also entered the dreaded four-month sleep regression.
 
 Praying this Monday is kind to me, and that you all have a good week friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment