Image Map

Life Lately

25 March 2014


Yesterday started my new schedule of working reduced hours at work. After going non-stop, and working sometimes 6 days a week, anywhere from 45-50 hours...this career girl needed to slow down. Last year before I got pregnant, I felt like I lived at the office. And truthfully, I loved it. I had the unique opportunity to build this position, and make it what it is now. I'm proud of it, and how hard I worked, and how much I grew professionally in the two years that I've been here.

I always said that I would always, always have a career and be a mom. Women today are taught that we can (and should!) have it all! But having/doing it all is tiring. Emotionally, physically and mentally. It requires sacrifices, compromises, being really organized and lots of coffee! Or so I'm told :)

In just a few short weeks, life as we know it will be completely turned upside down. Yes, while I will be returning to work after baby M is born, so I know I have a lot of learning to do. A lot of juggling to figure out.

So, in the meantime, I'm really relishing this new schedule. Leaving at 2, gives me time to run those couple of errands I need to do (post office, dry cleaning, ect) and still be home by 3. Where I plan to nap/rest for a couple of hours. Getting up around 5 means I can still do laundry, clean and get dinner ready before Keith gets home from work. And those two hours of rest are really what my body needs right now. I'm not handling pregnancy so well, and I need the time off my feet, just letting my body rest.

And of course, I'm cherishing moments like these:

"mama there isn't much room for me on your lap anymore!"


my favorite moments -- afternoon naps and snuggles with this little guy




Over the past week, Gunner has become more attentive of me. Wants to cuddle more, sit on my lap, and just be next to me. I think he senses that change is imminent!


No comments :

Post a Comment