Image Map

Weekly Eats

16 March 2014

Last week's meal planning was definitely a success! I spent a little more at the grocery store than I had planned, but we stuck to our meal ideas, and it made my life so.much.easier!

We both had the stomach bug last week, so there were two nights we had chicken soup. Since I still have the ingredients for chicken teriyaki, I moved that meal into this upcoming week. Friday night we are having company, so I'm planning on just ordering out for dinner.

Mon // Tues // Wed // Thur // Sat // Sun

My enchilada recipe is one I kind of just made up in my head and throw together. I use ground turkey (sauteed with garlic, and lots of taco-type seasonings) and I make my own enchilada sauce. Once both are ready, I mix them together and fill a bunch of tortillas. Smother them shredded cheese and more enchilada sauce and bake until bubbly. Easy peasy! I did link a similar variation above, I typically serve them with black beans and corn on the side, with rice.

My sides are pretty simple this week .... steamed broccoli and sauted green beans, some mashed potatoes, maybe some crunchy garlic bread with our soup! Mmm mmm.

On that note, Keith and I are off to enjoy this sunny Sunday and grab some lunch. It's become our weekly Sunday lunch date, and it's nice to get out of the house and do something :)

No comments :

Post a Comment